Want to chat with a librarian? Need a quick answer for your homework? Overwhelmed with all the information available to you? Then IM a reference librarian with Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, or MSN Messenger! That’s right, starting November 1, 2006, you can IM a librarian for reference assistance. The service is free, the help is free, so send us an IM question. Our user name for all three services is WCClibrarian.
We are offering IM service on the following dates and times: Monday thru Wednesday from Noon-4pm; Thursday from Noon-4pm and 6pm-9pm; Friday from 10am-3pm; Saturday from 10:30am-2:30pm; and Sunday from 12:30pm-4:30pm.
Additional information can be found at Ask a Librarian
There are now five (5) ways to get reference assistance from a librarian:
* One on one assistance in-person during library business hours
* By phone during library business hours 734-973-3431
* By e-mail “Ask a Librarian”
* By Live Chat “Research Help Now”
* By IM with Yahoo, AOL, and MSN Messenger services