The Bailey Library is pleased to offer these new, wonderful resources for students and faculty:
1. A completely re-designed library website that is user-friendly, intuitive, and easy to navigate to find what you’re looking for, whether you’re a student or a faculty member.
2. Students, faculty and staff can now opt to receive text library notices from the Bailey Library to their cell phones. Please see Text Library Notices for details.
3. A reciprocal borrowing arrangement with the University of Michigan Libraries whereby currently enrolled WCC students and WCC staff can obtain a UM guest borrower card to take advantage in person of the immense resources at the various university libraries. WCC faculty members can do so with their college ID cards. Please Please consult this page or contact Library User Services at 734-973-3741 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Four open-access, peer-reviewed e-journal collections totally 10,000 e-journal titles:
a. BioMed Central
An e-journal collection providing the content of over 300 journals in science, technology and medicine.
b. Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
An e-journal collection providing the content of over 9,700 scholarly and scientific journals.
c. PLoS One
An e-journal collection providing over 95,000 articles in the sciences and social sciences.
d. Sage Open
An e-journal collection in the humanities and social sciences.
5. Academic Search Elite
Spanning many academic disciplines, this database indexes over 13,600 journals and provides full-text content for over 2,300 journal titles.
6. Nursing Reference Center
Based on clinical evidence, this is a point-of-care resource for nursing practitioners on medical conditions, diseases, procedures, patient care, FDA, clinical and drug updates.
7. Small Business Resource Center
Find how-to information on small business planning, bookkeeping, financing and marketing, etc. The database includes business plans, articles, statistical tables, charts and graphs.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our librarians at email@example.com.
Have a wonderful semester.