What value are you getting out of the library? A 2013 outcome assessment study conducted by the Bailey Library and Institutional Research reveals the following:
1. Every book you borrow is worth $45.00.
2. Every e-book you view is worth $35.00.
3. Every print journal you read is worth $140.00
4. Every e-journal search you do is worth $0.25.
5. Every media item you view is worth $120.00.
6. Every time you seek research assistance is worth $15.00.
7. Every library workshop you attend is worth $50.00.
8. Every hour of use of a group study room is worth $25.00.
1. You will persist academically more from one semester to the next if you use library resources than if you don’t.
2. Your cumulative GPA and semester GPA tend to be higher if you use library resources than if you don’t.
3. Your chance of scoring a C- or above in a course will be higher if you attend research instruction for that course than if you don’t.