Welcome to Richard W. Bailey Library at Washtenaw Community College! We’re here to help you succeed in school and develop skills that will help you tremendously when you transfer to a university or work in a place of employment.
Located in the Gunder Myran Building, the Bailey Library provides a rich array of resources and services, as follows:
* A book collection closely aligned with your class work. See http://wcclib.wccnet.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/x/0/0/49
* Print and electronic materials put on library reserve or electronic reserve by your instructors for your classes. See http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/coursereserves.php
* Thousands of full-text electronic journals in numerous research databases accessible on and off campus. See http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/findarticles.php
* If we don’t have what you need, borrow a book or an article from another library. Most materials will arrive within a week. See http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/borrow_interlibrary.php
* Self-help resources, such as learning guides (http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/learningguides.php), helpful web sites (http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/websites.php), and self-paced tutorials (http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/tutorials.php).
* Research assistance by our librarians on site or via email, live chat, or IM. See http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/asklibrarian.php
* Instruction on library research techniques with your class or on your own. Talk to your instructor or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Numerous amenities, such as group study rooms, wireless access, security cables for personal laptops, headphones, etc.
* Computer Commons housing over 160 computers (PCs & Macs) with numerous software applications.
* For distance learners taking COD or mixed-mode classes, don’t forget to check out http://www.wccnet.edu/resources/library/collegeondemand.php
You’ll be amazed at what you can find at the Bailey Library!